The Strength of Weak Ties

Everyone participates. Everyone contributes. Leveraging the power of digital networks to connect people, resources and ideas to drive creativity and innovation forward...and actually accomplish something!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Sounds of Keyboards

We've taken our workshop participants into the world of global conversation. They've all created accounts in Blogger and are furiously entering their first post. They have been charged with contributing to a discussion of the following two themes:

How has the nature of information charged over the past ten years?

What is the difference between information and knowledge?

Here are the first perceptions of our neophyte (and some experienced) Summit bloggers:

I feel like I'm stepping out there. But it's daunting, knowing that there are people out there in Georgia and England and all around. It's scary, but there os a potentional...

There's a light shined on your ideas.

You are responsibly, so you have to analyze and verify the information that we share.

We also have to be careful not to be missunderstood. I'm responsible. I don't have the body language to go with it. It's a challenge.

I worry about technological information, the loss of personal contact. But I also like the speed of information.

David Jakes tracked us through a conversation that he had recently trough it blog, demonstrating the techniques that he used to explore the authors of the messages that were being sent to him.

I'm a chemistry teacher, writing is a painful process. It takes me a long time to consolidate my ideas -- to communicate precisely. I read blogs and follow a number of them, but writing them is going to be a challenge.

What do you think?

downers grove warlick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home