The Strength of Weak Ties

Everyone participates. Everyone contributes. Leveraging the power of digital networks to connect people, resources and ideas to drive creativity and innovation forward...and actually accomplish something!

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Greetings from Albany!

I'm in Albany, New York getting ready for NYSCATE 2005. I'll be presenting Capturing Stories, Capturing Lives: The Power of Digital Storytelling and on Monday it'll be The Case for Community: Learning in the Digital Age. This is the last stop in my Fall Tour 2005 with stops in New York, Austin Texas, Springfield Illinois, and now finally Albany. Several days ago I presented at the Illinois Education and Technology Conference on the Read Write Web as well as a presentation on visual literacy. The hottest topic by far at the conference was digital storytelling, and most of the presentations focused on using Photostory 3.

I'm really excited about the Community presentation, as I have an additional year of experience, as well as examples of, student blogging and wiki use, del.icio.us, and applications of Flickr as tools to connect learners with information to drive learning. Our teachers are just beginning to see the power of wikis as collaborative learning environments and I suspect that use in our district will build quickly.

I'll only be able to see five presentations but I will be blogging them.

nyscate2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home