The Strength of Weak Ties

Everyone participates. Everyone contributes. Leveraging the power of digital networks to connect people, resources and ideas to drive creativity and innovation forward...and actually accomplish something!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Paul Simon-A Prophet?

When I think back
On all the crap I learned in high school
Its a wonderI can think at all
And though my lack of edu---cation
Hasnt hurt me none
I can read the writing on the wall

Kodachrome, "There Goes Rhymin' Simon," 1973

I heard this song today and I had to think: Did Paul Simon get it right? Does this still describe education in 2007, even though it was written in 1973? Here's my version, with sincere apologies to Mr. Simon:

When I think back
On all the content I had to memorize in high school
Its a wonder I can think for myself at all
And though my lack of 21st Century edu---cation
Has hurt me in a flat world
I think I can read the writing on the wall...

It still needs some work...

1 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    David, This is awesome. I listen to Kodachrome at least a couple of times a month and lately this is exactly how it has resonated with me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home