The Strength of Weak Ties

Everyone participates. Everyone contributes. Leveraging the power of digital networks to connect people, resources and ideas to drive creativity and innovation forward...and actually accomplish something!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

TechLearning Chicago

Tomorrow I give the keynote at TechForum Chicago. For once, I'm actually done with all my work so I'm getting ready to watch some NBA playoffs. This is the third time I've given Making IT Stick, so I think its pretty tight. It had to go on a diet, as it took too long to get to my seven strategies for making some innovation stick in schools.

A big thank you to all those who responded to my request about what they look for in a keynote. Very, very helpful.

Presentation Wikis: resources
Making IT Stick
Digital Storytelling 2.0
The Ten Keys to Effective Professional Development

davidjakes jakes tltechforum

5 Comments:

  • At 9:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dear Mr. Jakes:

    I'm really looking forward to your keynote at TechLearning tomorrow and hope I get a chance to meet you, too.

    Ryan B.

     
  • At 12:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Good luck tomorrow (er, today). We will catch up soon and I owe you big time!

     
  • At 4:53 AM , Blogger David said...

    Thanks, and now I've got that in writing!

     
  • At 9:23 AM , Blogger Dan said...

    OK, Dave...
    The reaction? Any outcomes?

    Let us know!

     
  • At 5:56 PM , Blogger David said...

    Hey Dan:

    Well, it was OK. I had people rate it excellent (most), good and some below that. Many could not hear me completely because of sound issues, as well as projection issues I have when I am speaking.

    Basically, I wasn't satisfied with myself-I've still got a lot to learn about doing keynotes. They are a completely different animal, and require a completely different approach-you have to sell. I'm much more comfortable showing things and explaining how they fit into education-that's my strength. I struggle when I have to be this motivational speaker. I got some great feedback from people so I'll do my best to move forward and continue to grow as a professional and speaker.

    Thanks for asking-it's appreciated and hope this finds you well.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home